Sat, Sep 18|
The Chambers Theatre
Buda Art Brawl
Buda’s ultimate paint throw down!
Time & Location
Sep 18, 2021, 4:30 PM – 7:30 PM
The Chambers Theatre, 121 Main St, Buda, TX 78610, USA
About the Event
$25.00 - Ages 21+ (Complimentary drinks with ticket purchase.)
$10:00 - Under 21
Free - 10 and under
The Buda Art Brawl consists of:
- Three, 20-minute, timed rounds;
- 8 artists ready to battle it out to be best of the best;
- Money Chicha's funky, psychedelic cumbia grooves;
- Live & silent auctions to fund free art education for the community.
- Local beer.
The Gist of It:
- Four different artists go head to head to create their best works in Round 1 and Round 2.
- The audience chooses the top painter in each round.
- The top two artists of the competition move on to round 3 for the Final Brawl.
- The audience chooses the winner, who earns bragging rights and a seriously awesome grand prize worth over $200!
Inspired Minds Art Center advocates for art and culture, local artists, and the health and wellbeing of diverse people across the span of generations that make up our greater community.
Art for All Scholarships provide art education for people with financial need.
- Low-income students who participate in the arts, both in school and after school, have a drop-out rate of just 4% - 5x lower than their peers.
- Arts programs impact older adults by improving health, decreasing depression and loneliness, and increasing participation in other kinds of activities.
- Not only does art target several learning areas such language, literacy, numeracy, communication, dexterity, it also brings joy and builds high self-esteem.
Free Community Arts Programming:
- Buda Public Library Art Classes
- Family Art on Main Day (FAM) every 1st Saturday
- Painting in the Park with Joy Bliss
- Monthly public gallery events
- Seasonal arts festivals
Money Chicha is an Austin, Texas based group featuring members of the Grammy-award winning Latin orchestra Grupo Fantasma and its offshoot funk outfit Brownout which performs a fuzzed-out, reverb-drenched and percussion-heavy style of music inspired by the sounds of Peru and Colombia in the 60s and 70s.
Sponsored by Ampersand Art Supply
This ticket includes complimentary drinks$25.00Tax: +$2.06 Tax
This ticket does not include complimentary drinks.$10.00Tax: +$0.82 Tax
10 and under
This ticket does not include complimentary drinks.$0.00