Sat, Jan 21|
Buy a Bowl, Feed 100 People
Celebrate our 3rd birthday at our annual Empty Bowl Fundraiser for the Hays County Food Bank!
Time & Location
Jan 21, 2023, 11:00 AM – 2:00 PM
Buda, 121 Main St, Buda, TX 78610, USA
About the Event
****Online bowl reservations end Friday, January 20 @ 8:00PM! All bowl sales after that time MUST be done AT THE DOOR Saturday, January 21, 2023!****
On January 21st, we're celebrating our 3rd Birthday our very favorite way by teaming up with local artists and restaurants to raise money for the Hays County Food Bank.
Last year, every $1 donated could feed 4 people in Hays County, but this year, as food prices seem to be rising dramatically, $1 will feed 3 people. This is all the more reason to fundraise for this cause! In response, and in order to keep from changing the name of this fundraising event, the minimum donation for an artisan bowl and soup has increases to $35. But, please please donate more if you're able!
Here's how it works:
1. Donate $35 by reserving a bowl online or purchasing at the door - proceeds go to the Hays County Food Bank. (Bowl selection is 1st come, 1st served.)
2. Select one of 250, unique, handmade, ceramic bowls from the gallery. The bowls have been generously donated by:
- Emily Hohertz
- Leah Ireland
- Travis Smith
- Dee &amp; Terry Buck
- David Hendley
- Mud Studio
- Robb McKenzie
- Robert & Martina Wiesner
- Mary Pound
- IMAC Students
- And more! TBA
3. Choose a delicious gourmet soup and bread to-go made by local restaurants. Participating restaurants include:
4. Take your soup home or enjoy it outside on our patio.
5. Every time you use your bowl, remember that every $1 donated to the Hays County Food Bank feeds 3 people! Your participation in our 3rd Anniversary Celebration has resulted in 100 meals for the hungry.
6. Would you like to donate without attending the event? You can do that too! Select the "Donate to the Hays County Food Bank" ticket option at check-out.
"Hays County Food Bank provides food at no cost to low-income households and those suffering from some sort of food emergency due to job loss, medical emergencies, disasters, etc. There are no geographical boundaries to service."
- 30,648 Hays County residents are food insecure. (Feeding America).
- 14.8% of children under 18 in Hays County are food insecure. (Feeding America).
Thank you for your generosity and caring! It's the best birthday present we could ask for!
Sinéad, Susan, and the Inspired Minds Art Center Family
Hays County Food Bank Donation
Make a donation to the Hays County Food Bank. This donation DOES NOT reserve a bowl for you.Pay what you wantTax: Sales Tax included